A Tribute to the Jewish Cemetery of Faro, Portugal"
The land for the Cemetery in Faro was purchased in December 1851, however there are graves dating back to 1838. The Faro Jewish Cemetery is now listed in the Cemeteries classification as a Place of Public Interest in the Portuguese's National Register of National Historical Monuments. The return of Jews to Faro took place in the early 1830s. Most of these returning Jews came from Gibraltar and Morocco.
Our personal thanks to Ralf Pinto (zl'), who was most kind and generous of his time and knowledge of the Cemetery. We are also thankful for Mr. Pinto's untiring efforts to assure that dignity and preservation of this Cemetery is maintained for future generations. Click here for history
David & Deanna Pool
Deanna (Amar) Pool discovers a relative
with help of Ralf Pinto
Inside the Faro Cemetery